Evaluation Associates has been contracted by the Ministry of Education to provide an individual support service for principals, with a primary focus on beginning principals/ngā tumuaki. We currently have 31 leadership advisors supporting more than 400 beginning principals/ngā tumuaki and additional experienced principals across the schooling sector from primary to secondary.
There are five positions available in the following regions:
While we will consider applications from those who wish to be less than 1FTE, our preference is for people either full-time or close to this. The successful applicants for these roles will:
- Have recent successful school principal experience in New Zealand schools or kura
- Have a disposition and demeanour that garners principals' trust and confidence
- Have the skills and disposition to effectively coach principals to develop in their leadership
- Have a strong commitment to supporting schools to raise achievement for every student
- Have a strong commitment to supporting beginning principals/ngā tumuaki to achieve success in their new role
- Have a strong commitment to supporting experienced principals with targeted and tailored support
- Be open to learning and growing professionally
- Be team players – with the ability to collaborate with the wider team of leadership advisors, the Ministry of Education and local principal groups
- Be clear communicators (oral and written)
- Have the ability to coach leaders in their leadership inquiries and to effectively problem-solve when issues arise
- Be a highly competent IT users – including the use of standard tools such as Word and Excel – and also have the ability to quickly pick up new technologies.
Evaluation Associates Ltd.
Location: North Island