Professional learning and development facilitator – primary sector
We are looking for a motivated and capable educator with the facilitation skills to support teachers and leaders to impact positively on student outcomes. We are specifically seeking applicants who are experienced, accredited facilitators and based in Auckland, Northland or Waikato. While these are the preferred areas, applicants based in other areas in the upper half of the North Island will be considered.
Our ideal applicant will:
- Have successful leadership and teaching experience
- Have indepth knowledge and experience in evaluation and inquiry
- Have a deep understanding of assessment for learning pedagogy
- Understand how to achieve successful outcomes for Māori and Pasifika students
- Have a range of IT skills
- Be a clear communicator (oral and written)
- Be open to learning and growing professionally
- Have a strong commitment to supporting schools and Kāhui Ako to raise achievement for every student.
In addition to the above, the specific skills which would make an applicant stand out are:
- The ability to support schools with assessment for learning and developing student agency
- The ability to support teachers and leaders to develop collaborative teaching practices (whether in an ILE or not)
- Expertise in developing culturally responsive practices which enable success for Māori and/or Pasifika learners
- The ability to support teachers and leaders to optimally use digital technologies to improve students’ learning and achievement
- Expertise in curriculum review and design
- Expertise in working with e-asTTle and the Learning Progression Framework / Progress and Consistency Tool (PaCT).
It would also be an advantage to the applicant if he or she has a post graduate qualification. Travel is involved, so a current New Zealand driver’s licence is required.
The position begins in term 1, 2019 and is most likely to be a full-time permanent position, although those preferring part-time work are welcome to apply.
How to apply
Vacancy reference #:1H9mNW
Evaluation Associates Ltd.
Location: North Island