Our small, community focused centre is actively engaged in the community in which we serve and we demonstrate a strong relationship with the community/whanau that we operate in.
We are searching for an amazing head teacher to lead our experienced and motivated team as we continue to deliver exceptional early childhood education to our tamariki.
Does this sound like you?
We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills with a passion for curriculum and community engagement.
You will also have the following skills/attributes:
What we offer you
- Holds an ECE teaching qualification BEd/Dip (ECE) level 7 or above
- Has a thorough knowledge of Te Whāriki and strong skills in assessment practice
- Enjoys a professional and enthusiastic approach to working with whānau and community
- Is committed to ongoing personal development and understanding of leadership
- Has a background or active interest in programme and curriculum planning
- Be a collaborative team player and a great role model
- Be an excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Displays a high level of initiative
As a BestStart employee, you will be supported through regular professional development related to your teaching practice and leadership skills. You will engage in regular one on one coaching sessions with your centre manager to support you in your practices and your hard work and commitment will be rewarded with a competitive salary package which includes uniforms, health insurance and generous discounted childcare.
To apply for this awesome leadership opportunity at BestStart South please click apply now. We look forward to receiving your application!