National assessment moderator: media studies
NZQA is looking for a national assessment moderator: media studies to join our assessment and moderation team on a full-time basis.
The role is:
- The moderation of standards sent in by schools
- The completion of a moderation report for each standard sent by a school
- The development of exemplars
- The updating of assessment documents to guide teachers.
The skills we are also looking for include:
- The ability to manage and/or participate in a team that is high-performing
- The ability to design, plan and develop systems that support consistency in assessment and moderation
- The ability to follow policies and procedures
- Credibility in the subject area on a regional and/or national level.
This is a career-enhancing opportunity, working with other moderators to ensure fair, valid and consistent assessment against national standards.
You must understand the principles of standards-based assessment and have a working knowledge of the New Zealand Qualifications Framework and the NCEA.
You must also have recognised teaching and assessment expertise in your subject/s in New Zealand.
Recent experience in moderation in a school setting is desirable.
Please state the supporting subjects, if any, that you could work in.
The role requires you to work in either the NZQA Wellington or Auckland office.
NZQA may consider other locations in terms of a working from home agreement.
For more information about the role, or to apply, please go to our website or call Carolyn.
How to apply
Please send your CV and direct enquiries to:
Carolyn O'Connor, HR
(04) 463 3196
NZ Qualifications Authority
Location: New Zealand (nationwide)