Early childhood educator
The kauri is among the mightiest trees, yet begins as just a seed. As educators at our centre it is our belief that with love, care and nurturing all tamariki are full of the potential to be as mighty as the kauri tree. With this in mind, we see it as our role to work in partnership with the child's family/whanau to ensure our tamariki grow as global citizens, are inspired to do their very best and always achieve their individual goals and aspirations. Kauri Kids aspiration is for tamariki to grow up as capable, competent and confident members of society. Therefore our practices, curriculum and environment will reflect this belief, giving all tamariki a strong foundation to build upon to support them in their journey through life.
In this exciting role you will be working with a range of ages in a caring, nurturing and supportive environment. Your primary role will be to create a safe, play-based and child-led learning environment for children. This role will be working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday rostered between 7am and 6pm and is located within the Stanmore Bay Leisure Centre.
- You will have a genuine warmth, care and passion for children
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- ECE teacher's certification in New Zealand
- Most importantly enjoy having fun, getting messy and being involved in child-led learning and play
What we offer you:
- To be part of a team dedicated to providing the local community with high-quality early childhood education
- Great adult to child ratios
- Free carpark as well as many fantastic staff benefits that come with working with Auckland Council.
If you are passionate about providing children with a stimulating environment that encourages play and creativity, apply now!
Kauri Kids Stanmore Bay
ECE centre details
159 Brightside Road, Stanmore Bay
Victoria St West Private Bag 92300, Auckland 1142