ECE head teacher
A unique, community-trust-managed; rural centre located 45km north of Napier. We’re licensed for 30 children aged 0–5 years and operate Monday, Wednesday, and Friday during term times. Our facilities include a wonderful outdoor space (orchard, vegetables, chickens etc.), a large inside area, teacher/staff space and administration area.
We are looking for a passionate and professional ECE registered teacher to become our head teacher. Who will work closely with the board of trustees and understand how to balance the demands of teaching, management and administration tasks.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following:
- BEd/Dip Tch (ECE) and be a fully registered teacher
- Proven success working in a management or supervisory position
- Commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, te reo and tikanga Māori
- Strong understanding of programme planning, self-review and assessment
- Passion for mentoring and developing others using current pedagogical knowledge
- Ability to work, mentor and grow a team of teachers
- The ability to communicate and work collaboratively with whānau, teaching team and trustees
- Ensure a high-quality (ECE) programme, which is relevant to the community
- A mature, personable and positive attitude.
Applicants for this position will have NZ residency and full driver’s licence.
How to apply
To apply for this leadership opportunity please email or post your cover letter, CV and relevant written references to:
Johnella Condon Orr, Chairperson
Box 104, Tutira 4162
(06) 839 7986
Vacancy reference #:1H9hHe
Tutira Early Childhood Centre
ECE centre details
3847 State Highway 2, Tutira
P O Box 104, Tutira, Hawkes Bay 4162