We are situated on Richmond Rd, just in front of Richmond Road Primary School in Grey Lynn – a short walk from Ponsonby Rd and only a few minutes drive from the motorway. We have an excellent reputation in the local community. We are looking for someone to be a part of our close knit team, who can support and lead us in providing quality education and care to our toddlers and preschool children.
Our ideal head teacher will display the following prerequisites:
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of Te Whāriki the NZ ECE curriculum including planning and assessment and self-review
- Proven relationship building skills with children, staff and families
- Demonstrate good organisational and time-management skills
- Collaborative team player and great role model
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for children and parents/whanau
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure if required
- Self-motivated, innovative, reflective and prepared to think beyond the boundaries
- Demonstrate good communication skills with both parents/families/whānau and the staff (written and oral).
Why choose us? We are part of the BestStart family. 'BestStart is committed to making a positive difference in the lives of our teachers and our children. Teaching quality is vital in achieving this goal and we want to employ and develop our people to meet this challenge.' As an employee you will receive top-of-the line learning and development opportunities along with healthcare, uniform, extra sick leave, a generous wage and future career opportunities. To read more about who we are visit our website www.best-start.org
BestStart Richmond Road
ECE centre details
136 Richmond Road, Ponsonby, Auckland
P O Box 276177, Manukau City, South Auckland 2241