Head teacher – Kindergarten Taranaki
Are you an innovative leader in early learning – where relationships are at the heart of everything you do?
Are you passionate about providing a learning environment for all tamariki/whānau/kaiako and dedicated to making a difference in our local community? The ability to establish and foster genuine and meaningful relationships with local hapū and iwi and develop the use of te reo and tikanga Māori is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team, develop and grow the service with new ideas, share your passion and enrich learning.
About the role:
- At our kindergarten you would lead a team of 3 other teachers, plus support staff, to provide a high quality programme for 30 tamariki
- This kindergarten is set in a beautiful environment with mature trees and a well-resourced learning environment. It has strong whānau support and established relationships with schools and other support services.
What we offer you:
- As part of Kindergarten Taranaki, you have the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the KTCA, salary scale K2, and to be part of an organisation which offers fantastic professional development opportunities
- You will be part of a professional network of 24 head teachers and supported by the professional team
- Ongoing support with assessment/planning/evaluation/internal evaluation/teaching as inquiry/mentoring/pedagogical leadership
- We encourage all kindergartens to be involved in Enviroschools, Incredible Years, Healthy Heart and to be part of a deepening cultural journey to strengthen Te Ao Māori across the organisation.
He aha te mea nui o te ao
He tangata, he tangata, he tangata.
What is the most important thing in the world?
It is the people, it is the people, it is the people.
ECE centre details
Kauri Crescent, Hawera
P O Box 655, New Plymouth 4340