- Leading not-for-profit organisation
- Do more for Kiwi kids
- Great community-focused centre.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to work in this established community–focused centre which is in a quiet residential setting next to a park. Our centres are dynamic, innovative and committed to providing high-quality care for all families and children, and the wider community.
- You have a positive, 'can do' attitude.
- You are able to build strong relationships with parents and attract tamariki.
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead your teaching team.
- You are qualified (BEd/Dip Tch ECE) and fully certificated with a current first aid certificate.
- You have 5 years' head teacher/supervisor experience.
- You have initiative, desire and passion for quality practice standards and commitment to the principles of Te Whāriki.
- You will have excellent communication and organisational skills with an understanding of the commercial drivers of running a successful centre.
Why work for us?
- Four hours professional development per week.
- Dedicated pedagogical support staff.
- We are a leading not-for-profit organisation.
- Grow your career with educational assistance and financial support to retain your full certification.
- Thought–provoking professional development and a large network of colleagues.
- We care about you and your family and offer discounted childcare for staff members and a wellness programme that includes flu vaccinations and discounts on healthcare and eyecare.
Barnardos believes that through our collective commitment, talents and efforts we are working hard to create an Aotearoa where every child has the opportunity to, in their own unique way, shine bright.
In everything we do, we are guided by the core principles of Ngā Pou e Whā — our vision for working with Māori.
This is your chance to make a real and positive difference for Kiwi kids.
Barnardos Early Learning Centre Clendon
ECE centre details
60 Finlayson Avenue, Clendon, Auckland
P O Box 6434, Marion Square, Wellington 6141