We are a community-based, whānau oriented early childhood centre located in Masterton. We have been operating for the past 9 years and are looking to move to a structure with a manager operating alongside a lead educator that will support the implementation of the Ko Te Aroha Trust Kaupapa. Our mixed-aged centre is licensed for 30 children and is open 9am–3pm Monday to Friday. This position is part-time with a minimum of 25 hours per week.
- Facilitation and excellent communication skills
- Financial and budgeting expertise
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Trust's strategic goals
- Ability to develop strategic and annual plans alongside a strong policy framework
- Strong coordination ability that supports and promotes team culture
- Background in community/social work or education
- Ability to source funding for the sustainability of the Trust.
Qualities and attributes:
- A caring and service orientation to life
- Support a strong reflective culture and promote a shared responsibility of leadership based on the identified strengths of staff
- Good team participant
- Friendly approach and ability to get along with a wide range of people and community groups
- A proven understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and direct enquiries to:
Box 478, Masterton
(06) 377 3608
Vacancy reference #:1H9fRM
ECE centre details
33 - 35 Johnstone Street, Lansdowne-Masterton, Masterton
P O Box 478, Masterton 5840