Head teacher / assistant manager
We are looking for a qualified teacher who is ready qualified and able to stand on 2 feet. This role is focused on the day-to-day running of our preschool, relationships with children and families, growing teachers, and supporting our centre manager.
The suitable applicant must have prior experience with this age group and leading a programme to support and nurture our centre children. You will need to be confident in mentoring and coaching multiple teams as this role oversees both the Platinum junior and senior preschool rooms.
We are looking for someone who:
• is knowledgeable about dispositional learning and skilled at articulating this being the foundation for skills, abilities and attitudes to lifelong learning
• is fun, respectful, professional and likeable to all
• is an effective communicator, both verbally and in written form, and is confident working with ICT equipment e.g. computer, iPad etc
• has the ability to work well within a team but also sees opportunities to grow/challenge and mentor those in their team to consistently improve knowledge and skills
• has excellent understanding of compliance, ECE policy/regulations and the implementation of Te Whāriki
• is committed to the principle of arotake (Evaluation-He Pou Tātaki) and is skilled in documenting internal reviews
• is dedicated to developing their own knowledge through inquiry and further learning
• is well organised and skilled in delegation and follow-up to ensure that productivity and growth of others remains at the forefront of our mind.
As part of BestStart, we are committed to providing you with ongoing personal development to ensure you and your career are being well looked after. Teachers enjoy many benefits, including competitive salary, free medical insurance and uniforms, subsidised childcare and career advancement opportunities.
ECE centre details
71 Hingaia Rd, Karaka, Auckland
P O Box 276177, Manukau City, South Auckland 2241