NEURO-FIT will deepen your understanding of Neurodiversity through developing meaningful ways to respect, support and reduce barriers for neurodiverse learners. In addition, Neuro-Fit will equip teacher aides to bring out the best in all students, through creating tailored environments to engage and support any neurodiverse learner.
Grounded in recent international research, including research from the McGill Centre for Research in Neuroscience, you will come away equipped with:
* Keys to understand and reducing barriers for neurodiverse learners.
* Tools to enable neurodiverse learners to participate, achieve and thrive as individuals.
* Evidence based practices to support neurodiverse learners’ behaviours and wellbeing.
* Strategies for building inclusive and supportive learning environments.
1. A delicious morning-tea and lunch.
2. Loads of PRIZES and free resources.
3. Face-to-face access to the team of subject experts in behaviour management, student engagement, Neurodiversity, and achievement.
4. A network and professional community to support teacher aides.
5. Up to 10-hours wages [$250] reimbursed to you via the Ministry of Education.
Following the one-day workshop participants will receive the online component of the Neuro-Fit course; consisting of five self-paced modules [videos] that can be viewed at a time that suits you.
A graduating NEURO-FIT certificate will be sent to participants followed up with a Zoom Q & A session to cement learning.
We look forward to equipping you as a Neuro-FIT teacher aide.