Explicit spelling MATTERS - featuring the iDeaL Approach to Structured Literacy.
This workshop will layer your knowledge and understanding of the foundation skills required for all learners to become successful readers and writers.
Workshop focus - iDeaL Spelling:
- Understanding the literate brain
- Assessment for spelling
- Explicit teaching through a 4 lesson sequence (demonstration of teaching)
- The process of dictation
- Tips for scaffolding the encoding process.
This workshop is suitable for teachers, learning assistants, leaders, RTLits, RTLBs. Current iDeaL users and aspiring iDeaL users.
If a school/teacher attends that is not currently an iDeaL user, there will be an option to subscribe to iDeaL following the workshop.
(027) 532 7646
Similar professional development notices
Effective Safety Management Systems in EOTC - 2 Day PLD
2-Day PLD designed for schools seeking to understand and implement good practice processes in EOTC and to embed them in programmes and school-wide safety systems.
Knowing and teaching the reading brain -featuring the iDeaL Approach
This workshop will layer your knowledge and understanding of the foundation skills required for ALL learners to become successful readers and writers.
Workshop focus - iDeaL Reading:
- Unpacking the Reading Rope - Language Comprehension and Word Recognition skills
- Learn how you can recognise the 4 most common reading profiles of students in your class
- Your assessment Kete explained - Non word reading assessments and the - iDeaL Reading Skills Record
- Planning for instruction - differentiating through various plans and text use.