ONLINE - Making Talk Count - for Teacher Aides, with Kerry Upson
The types of talk that adults engage in with students has a powerful effect on their independence, their ability to problem-solve, their oral language development, their thinking and their growth as learners. This course will focus on strategies for:
- using talk to build independent learners
- questioning to build learning conversations
- interactions with students that enhance language and vocabulary development
- using talk to promote thinking
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- demonstrate shift in their knowledge and understanding of the significance of quality talk with students.
- identify some strategies for using quality talk with students to promote thinking and learning.
New Zealand (nationwide)