ONLINE – Fierce Compassion with Dr. Mary Miller
Develop your Fierce Compassion to help navigate tricky real-life situations in a whole-hearted way. Find the strength in compassion for yourself and others for a rich and meaningful life. Compassion is often misunderstood and underutilised as being “nice”, or that it is a “soft” skill. Fierce Compassion emphasises the strength integral to living and working in a compassionate way. Fierce Compassion requires advanced interpersonal skills of awareness, empathy, broad perspective, non-judgemental stance and purposeful action. These are vital skills for the future of work and our personal life. It takes strength and courage to have hard conversations, to make difficult decisions, to tolerate distress (in ourselves and others), to truly listen to tough messages, to face our fears or mistakes and take actions that take us out of our comfort zone.
Research shows there are a number of benefits to increasing compassion skills
- Decreases in burnout
- Increases in positivity
- Increases in job satisfaction
- Increases in wellbeing including reduced heart rate, blood pressure, cortisol levels
- Increases in innovation, effectiveness and creativity
Structure and content
- Developing the core skills of Fierce Compassion - awareness, empathy and wise action
- Putting into practice - case studies and practical examples
- Participants will receive the following as part of the workshop
- Workshop summary handout
- Key skills sheets.
New Zealand (nationwide)