YSS National - Train the Trainer Workshop
Are you a teacher or educator who is keen to help your school and your students embrace a culture dedicated to climate action? Does the idea of sustainable behaviour patterns for life appeal to you? Or maybe you’d like to be the person who transformed the way your kura/school or kōhanga/early childhood centre thought about and dealt with waste? Whatever your motivation, our 1-day Your Sustainable School Train the Trainer workshop is the workshop for you.
What you will take away from this workshop:
Knowledge and skills to roll out sustainability focussed, climate action, waste reduction plan specific to your school or centre, including:
- Tools needed to get staff and students excited and engaged
- Everything they need to know, ask and say when liaising with waste management providers
- What to look for when measuring and reporting on progress.
Strong connections with other like-minded people in your community.
How your school or centre will benefit:
- Better recycling systems and lower rates of contamination
- New or improved methods to deal with food scraps
- Empowered students and teachers driving a culture of climate action at school, at home, and in the community.
Thanks to funding from the Ministry for the Environment, Sustainability Trust is delivering this programme free of charge.
Please note that if there is an alert level change and we can't deliver it in person, we will move it online.
Also, in line with the government's rules all teachers must have a valid ‘My Vaccine Pass’. We will be scanning you in on the day.
Crossroads Church, 220 Church Street, Palmerston North.
Contact: Mike Turnbull
(04) 385 0500 ext. 7150
Collaborative PRACTICE - Creating a Culture of Collaboration
Team leaders TOOLBOX
team leaders TOOLBOX is now more important than ever if you are wanting to implement a RESET STRATEGY and shift your team's performance...