Live Online Course: Working with Children with Autism (Module 1 & 2)
This Safe for Children live online course is ideal for school leaders, teachers and support staff.
Date: Wednesday 19 January 2022
Cost: $50+GST ($57.50) per person
Our full training programme is made up of two 60-minute modules and meets once online.
Module 1. Understanding Autism
• What is autism/takiwātanga?
• Recognising and responding to Executive Functioning difficulties
• Theory of Mind and how it relates to autism
• Anxiety and autism – techniques for teaching self-calming strategies
Module 2. Responding to Sensory Difficulties and Behaviour
• Understanding sensory difficulties
• How to create and support autism friendly spaces
• Stimming: behaviour, causes and management
• Support strategies to help calm a child during a meltdown
"Fantastic course. I learnt a lot more information about autism and how to communicate with our students. Thank you." 5/5 Rima
"Best I have come across so far. Lynne presented clearly. Easy to download notes. Easy to interact via chat." 5/5 Alex
Interactive. This course is interactive and engages participants. You will be able to ask questions and they will get answered while you are watching.
Qualification. To gain your relevant certificate of training you will be invited to complete 8 or 9 multi choice questions.
Can’t make the live online training date? No problem – you can register to receive a recording so you can listen and learn at a time that fits with your busy schedule.
In-House Training. We can also tailor our live online courses to meet your needs. Contact us today.
New Zealand (nationwide)