Science Teacher PLD Workshops, 24-27 January 2022
The Science Academy at the University of Otago is running a professional development programme for secondary school science teachers in January 2022. These workshops will cover a broad range of science subject areas. Our aim is to upskill and inspire teachers who are at schools which are rural, provincial, low decile and/or small.
Sessions will be run by academic teaching staff at the University and invited guest speakers who specialise in science outreach. The focus will be on practical sessions and current academic research linked to the New Zealand Science Curriculum.
Some of the experiences will include:
- Practical lab sessions for senior biology (genetics), chemistry and physics;
- Sport and Exercise Science workshop for junior science classes;
- Forensic Analytical Science: hands-on mock crime scene investigation;
- Anatomy workshop – practical activities for teaching anatomy in class, with special access to the University’s Anatomy Museum.
- A workshop hosted by our Pacific Island Science Support staff, teaching you more about Pacific learners, culture and teaching approaches;
- Mātauranga Māori research;
- Resource sharing and programme planning.
Apply online via this link: https://otago.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e5uzKEqPhuMIFEy
The cost is $450 per person which includes all workshops, three nights accommodation in a University Residential College and all meals.
This fee is fully refundable if the event has to be cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions or if you cannot attend.
Contact Petrina Duncan on email@example.com for more information.
Contact: Petrina Duncan
(03) 470 3496 (Mon-Wed only)