Live Online Course: Assisting Behaviour Change in Children-Calming Strategies for our Tamariki
This Safe for Children live online course is ideal for school leaders, teachers, and support staff
Date: Tuesday 30 November
Course cost: $50 +GST ($57.50) per person
Our full training programme is made up of two 60-minute modules and meets once online.
Module 1. Understanding the stress response system in children
• Introducing the 'red' brain 'green' brain
• How the stress response activates in children
• Understanding stressors
• Understanding physical responses.
Module 2. Calming strategies for our tamariki
• How to calm our children through repetition and activation
• Recognising the uniqueness in a child’s genetic ability
• How to create a safe environment for children, staff and parents
• Support strategies to build capacity and activate calm in our tamariki.
Facilitator: Kathryn Berkett, Engage Training and Safe for Children Partner.
"Really informative and practical. Content was explained in a way that can be applied across many situations. Brilliant session!"
"Kathryn was amazing. It's great to know what’s going on in the children’s’ heads and why they act that way. She explained it so very well and has given me some great tools."
Interactive. This course is interactive and engages participants. You will be able to ask questions and they will get answered while you are watching.
Qualification. To gain your relevant certificate of training you will be invited to complete 8 or 9 multi choice questions.
Can’t make the live online training date? No problem – our trainings are recorded so if you miss the live date you will automatically be sent a recording the next day.
In-House Training. We can also tailor our live online courses to meet your needs. Contact us today.
New Zealand (nationwide)