Sentence Structures Webinar
Going back to basics!
Teach the rules that govern language to improve good writing.
In this webinar you will gain an understanding of the 3 different kinds of sentence structures and how they can support or improve and support writing using practical examples.
We will cover basic grammar instruction, rules that explain ‘parts of speech’ and the essentials for understanding the 3 different types of sentences. Practical and engaging activities will focus the attention on the components of good grammar instruction that aims to improve students' writing. This process helps the students to develop good sentence skills moving from simple to more robust sentences within the classroom setting.
The different parts of speech covered will include:
- Nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, prepositions and conjunctions.
The 3 different sentence types will include:
- Simple sentences covering terminology such as subject and predicate
- Compound sentences and cover the basic conjunctions with supporting punctuation
- Complex sentences using dependent and independent clauses.
- Basic parts of speech card deck
- Speech progressions
- iDeaL sample adjective template.
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Rachael Griffin
(027) 532 7646