Live Online Course: Working with Children with Autism (Module 1 & 2)
This Safe for Children live online course is ideal for school leaders, teachers, and support staff
Date: Wednesday 3 and Thursday 4 November
Time: 10–11am each day
Cost: $50+GST ($57.50) per person
Our full training programme is made up of two 60-minute modules and meets twice online.
Module 1. Understanding Autism
- What is autism/takiwātanga?
- Recognising and responding to Executive Functioning difficulties
- Theory of Mind and how it relates to autism
- Anxiety and autism – techniques for teaching self-calming strategies.
Module 2. Responding to Sensory Difficulties and Behaviour
- Understanding sensory difficulties
- How to create and support autism friendly spaces
- Stimming: behaviour, causes and management
- Support strategies to help calm a child during a meltdown.
"Practical and insightful!"
"It was really encouraging to not just have information regarding the needs of children with Autism but to also learn the strategies that we can implement within our learning environment."
Interactive. This course is interactive and engages participants. You will be able to ask questions and they will get answered while you are watching.
Qualification. To gain your relevant certificate of training you will be invited to complete 4 or 5 multi choice questions.
Can’t make the live online training date? No problem – our trainings are recorded so if you miss the live date you will automatically be sent a recording the next day.
In-House Training. We can also tailor our live online courses to meet your needs. Contact us today.
New Zealand (nationwide)