Supporting Students to Edit their Writing
In this professional learning workshop, Louise will share practical ideas for teaching and supporting students to edit their writing.
Session 1: Introduction
- Introducing editing
- Models for editing and reviewing writing
- Organising students writing books
- Editing codes
Session 2: Mini-lessons
- Exploring mini-lessons that teach recrafting and proofreading.
Session 3: The writing lesson
- Reviewing opportunities in the writing lesson for editing.
Session 4: Guided writing
- Supporting students to review and edit their writing during guided writing.
Session 5: Quick Writes
- Reviewing Quick writes that support editing.
Contact: Sasha Farry
(03) 974 6590