Teaching Maths for Mastery
If you want to develop your ability to structure effective maths lessons, meet the needs of all learners, and use research-based pedagogy in a practical way, this 1-day PLD course is for you.
Learn how to take decades of pedagogical theory and distill it into an effective teaching framework that helps children learn mathematical concepts in greater depth.
The method of teaching maths for mastery is a proven approach that boosts teaching confidence, subject knowledge, and fosters an in-depth understanding of mathematics in students of every attainment level.
Over a few hours you'll learn:
- How to foster problem-solving and critical thinking skills in your classroom
- Why mathematical concepts need to be understood both procedurally and relationally
- The forward-thinking strategies that have kept Singapore at the top of the TIMSS scale, including visualisation, bar modelling, and the concrete, pictorial, abstract approach (CPA)
- The order to teach mathematical concepts in
- How to develop metacognition in your learners
- Skills to support your struggling learners and challenge your advanced learners
- How to structure an effective 3-part lesson
- How to take the uncertainty out of maths teaching and build your confidence
- Practical teaching techniques you can use in your class the next day!
Contact: Alexandra Laurie
(027) 499 2804