ONLINE – Strategies and Tips for Teacher Aides, with Kerry Upson
These practical and knowledge building workshops are designed for both new and experienced teacher aides. They will provide opportunities to build further understanding of the teacher aide role as well as develop a tool box of skills and strategies to enhance effectiveness as a supporter of student learning, such as:
- Eight effective practices of a teacher aide
- Ways to work collaboratively with classroom teachers, adding value to the learning
- Building confidence in developing positive student behaviour
- Developing the use of quality talk to enhance learning
- Discover ways to support learning while creating independent learners.
- Building a toolbox of strategies for building students’ oral language skills
- Enhance strategies for supporting reading, writing and mathematics.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate shift in their knowledge and understanding of their role as a teacher aide and how to work collaboratively with the classroom teacher
- Identify strategies for positive behaviour support and develop a toolbox of strategies for supporting student learning.
New Zealand (nationwide)