Supporting Students to Edit their Writing
Sheena and Louise will share practical ideas for establishing editing routines and supporting students to improve their writing. This workshop will reference ideas presented in chapter 6 of ‘The Writing Book’.
Session 1: Introduction
- Introducing editing
- Models for editing and reviewing writing
- Organising students writing books
- Editing codes.
Session 2: Mini-lessons
- Exploring mini-lessons that teach recrafting and proofreading.
Session 3: The writing lesson
- Reviewing opportunities in the writing lesson for editing.
Session 4: Guided writing
- Supporting students to review and edit their writing during guided writing.
Session 5: Quick Writes
- Reviewing Quick writes that support editing.
Contact: Sasha Farry
(03) 974 6590