The Grow Waitaha Canterbury DigiAwards are back for 2021! We welcome entries from Y0–8 ākonga that support this year’s theme - Tō pitomata, He rua kanapū wehi ana. Your potential is something to behold, like lightning that lights up the skies.
Entries can be any form of digital project – in the past this has included videos, websites, coded apps or games, interactive ebooks and more. The opportunities are endless!
By participating in the DigiAwards, schools can help realise the New Zealand Curriculum vision of our young people being confident, creative, connected, actively involved, lifelong learners.
The DigiAwards provides an opportunity for our learners to:
- Experience learning that is underpinned by the high expectations and future focus principles
- Explore the values of excellence, innovation, inquiry, and curiosity
- Develop key competencies
- Achieve learning outcomes described in the English and technology learning area, in particular the digital technologies areas of the technology learning area.
All Y0–8 students from the Canterbury region can enter the DigiAwards, including home-schooled children and students who attend Te Aho o Te Kura Pounamu in the Canterbury region.
Grow Waitaha encourages ākonga from Māori medium schools to submit entries in te reo Māori.
- 1 July – Entries open
- 8 October – Competition closes (extended)
- 11 November – Celebration event (please note change of date)
Visit https://www.growwaitaha.co.nz/digiawards/ for more information.