Live Online Course: Child First Aid
This Safe for Children live online course is ideal for school leaders, teachers, and support staff.
Date: Wednesday 8 September
Cost: $30 +GST per person
Our full training programme is made up of one 60-minute module and meets once online.
Module 1. Managing Children with Common Medical Conditions
- Managing asthma attacks, allergies and allergic reactions
- Epi-pen use and management
- Managing a seizure or partial seizure
- Responding to the diabetic child
- Guide to first aid in a choking emergency
- Responding to fevers
- Treating bee-stings / insect bites
- Managing head injuries, broken bones and bleeding.
"I really enjoyed this course, thank you. I feel more confident about knowing what to do in an emergency. The first aid course I did was quite focused on car crashes and adult workplace injuries, it didn't really cover the scenarios we could be faced with while looking after a group of children. An hour very well spent!"
Interactive. This course is interactive and engages participants. You will be able to ask questions and they will get answered while you are watching.
Qualification. To gain your relevant certificate of training you will be invited to complete 8 or 9 multi choice questions.
Can’t make the live online training date? No problem – our trainings are recorded so if you miss the live date you will automatically be sent a recording the next day.
New Zealand (nationwide)