Meaningful Whānau Engagement PLD Workshop - Kawakawa
About this event
Principals and school leaders do you want to learn more about...
- Ways to ensure your student’s culture and background are acknowledged and celebrated in your school
- How your teachers can provide opportunities for their students to learn about things important to them, to be challenged and to do better
- A strategic plan that centers around your school's needs, high expectations and student wellbeing
- Making sure parents and whanau are well informed about their child’s progress and understand the criteria you use to mark assessments
- Engaging with your parents, whānau and community to foster positive outcomes for your school
If so, we encourage you to join Tania Heke and Jenna Crowley to explore the key outcomes of meaningful whanau engagement. With support you’ll reflect on how your school nurtures all cultures whilst remaining true to your mana whenua (local iwi) and the obligations of Te Tiriti ō Waitangi. We’ll walk you through how your school’s local curriculum can provide opportunities to engage, motivate and challenge your learners while reflecting the aspirations of your community. You’ll be guided through ways of using your existing assessment information to maintain high expectations and lead educationally powerful conversations with your students, their parents and whānau.
Date and time: Wednesday, 28 July 2021, 1.30–3pm NZST
Location: Kawakawa Primary School, 31-39 Albert Street, Kawakawa, Northland 0210
JOIN TWO MORE EVENTS IN KAWAKAWA ON 28 JULY:
Contact: Cognition Education
(09) 638 4750