Pro-growth: Professional Growth and Mentoring
Presented by Lauren Ryan.
Performance growth is a process that keeps us thinking and moving forward as professionals, able to respond to new situations and a developing world. A great professional growth approach should bring out the best in people, inspire amazing performance and enhance a culture of striving towards excellence. Aimed at centre managers/leaders and team/ head of room leaders, this workshop is designed to explore the role of mentoring, take time for dialogue together with other leaders about the possibilities for professional growth cycles and take you through a professional growth cycle framework that will inspire your kaiako to take the lead in their learning, to engage in purposeful conversations and make meaningful changes to their practice.
- Discover what a quality and robust mentoring relationship involves,
- Learn about and brainstorm mentoring tips and tricks,
- Discuss provisional certification and what an induction and mentoring programme should include,
- Explore Our Standards, Ngā Paerewa and how to use them as a tool for teacher reflection,
- Discuss the elements for professional growth as provided by the Teaching Council and share ideas to develop and refine your own professional growth cycle.
- Explore the new Childspace professional growth cycle and the aspects we believe are important for professional growth. Learn to develop a professional growth focus using a notice, recognise, respond and revisit cycle.
Cost: $195 per person (includes morning tea & a light lunch)
Location: Childspace Institute, 45 Helston Road, Johnsonville, Wellington 6037.