Administrator's Big Day Out 2021
In its 10th year, this popular, must attend, annual event for administrators will get you up to date with the essential and latest information relevant to carrying out the administrator role in an ECE centre. Includes all you need to know about the ECE Funding Handbook, as well current regulation, compliance and sector issues.
For full details of all nine locations and dates throughout New Zealand in the month of August follow the website link.
Funding rules and claims
A review of the important sections of the current ECE Funding Handbook
- Funding eligibility
- 20 hours ECE - attestations and optional charges, fees, and donations
- Absence rules
- Enrolment and attendance records – including paper-based and electronic
- Staff hour count, qualification requirements and attestation of teacher salaries
- Record keeping requirements
- Financial reporting requirements
- Preparing for a funding audit – including common errors and discussion about recent audits
- Discussion about various MoE ‘interpretations’ of the rules.
New pay parity funding
- Overview of the changes to the funding system 1 January 2022
- Guidance around 'opting in'
- Budget and cashflow implications.
New regulatory and compliance issues
- Holidays Act amendments
- Employment issues
- Changes to ERO reviews - Quality Framework for Evaluation and Improvement
- Any other topical compliance issues.
Contact: Sue Kurtovich
(021) 117 8981