Professional Development: Weight Stigma and Body Size Inclusion
Who should attend this webinar?
Anyone who works in a professional care role or supports people through all forms of grief, loss and difficult life situations e.g. Social Workers, Teachers, Counsellors, Doctors, EMT, Corrections, Mental Health, Hospice, Volunteers etc.
This professional training webinar aims to get a better understanding of weight stigma and body size inclusion.
Whether it is in our hospitals, healthcare clinics, workplaces, or schools, no one is exempt from the effects of weight stigma and the negative consequences that flow from a culture steeped in judgment and dissatisfaction. In this webinar, Christine Deacon and Kaitlyn Axelrod discuss candidly these taboo topics and share with you practical ways to navigate a world that is increasingly crying out for greater inclusivity, representation, and equity.
Key Learning Points
- Understand weight stigma and its negative impacts on the individual and our community
- Understand body size inclusivity and ways to be more inclusive in our professional settings
- Quick tips on how to embody diversity
- Support resources
All our webinars are 120mins (2hrs) in length and delivered through Zoom platform. They are presented live and recorded. Recordings can be accessed by registrants for a limited time after the initial session, this gives more flexibility for access and revision.
CPD/OPD Certification and Points/Credits
We provide a Certificate of Participation for all our training courses. The requirement for receiving a certificate to confirm professional development is as follows:
- You must view a minimum of 80% of a live presented webinar.
- If you were unable to attend the live session you will be required to register for access to the webinar recording.
- If you watched the live session but had to leave early or fall under the 80% requirement, you will need to register for access to the webinar recording.
$79 + GST per person with group discounts available for 5 or more
New Zealand (nationwide)