Presented by Poppy Savage and Max Christie.
Rituals enable both children and adults to form a deep connection to people, places, and things. Routines are necessary and evident in the environment for young children. Moving these routines towards rituals is simply a matter of being thoughtful, intentional, and mindful of our preparations and actions. Through images, discussion, video clips, and the sharing of practical inspiration, Poppy and Max will guide participants through the beauty of rituals in ECE settings.
• Understand the difference between routines and rituals
• Discuss mealtimes and sanctuary
• Explore preparation and intentions
• Examine rituals as they relate to the rights of the child and self-regulation
• Share the beauty of rituals in nature
• Unpack the importance of rituals of self-care.
This is an ideal workshop to inspire and affirm kaiako who strive to create beautiful, intentional and unhurried programmes and environments for their tamariki.
Course runs from 6-9pm.
Cost: $95 per person.
Location: Childspace Institute, 45 Helston Road, Johnsonville, Wellington, 6037