Linking the Curriculum and the Outdoor Classroom
Do you dream about successfully bringing nature into your teaching environment?
Well, safely stepping into the outdoors with your tamariki is easier than you might think.
You simply need the tools, understanding and confidence to implement a programme that links outdoor play to Te Whāriki or the NZ Curriculum.
This workshop will build the confidence of educators who want to use a local space OR their own space for outdoor nature play with their tamariki. It will provide skills, knowledge and ideas to support children’s play in an outdoor environment.
Aimed at ECE and primary teachers, the day will be a mix of theory, practical sessions, korero and experiences all designed to support a variety of learning styles and build teachers confidence with nature-based pedagogy.
- Understanding of the research and Benefits of outdoor play and learning in nature
- Schema, loose parts and risky play in nature
- Recognising learning and linking the curriculum
- Te ao Māori and the outdoor classroom
- Risk assessment and management outdoors
- A practical Whittling or Fire lighting session.
Queenstown workshop: Saturday 28th August, 9am–3.30pm.
Wanaka workshop: Saturday 4 September, 9am–3.30pm.
EARLYBIRD REGISTRATION – $175 per person (Finishes 24th July)
LATEBIRD REGISTRATION – $200 per person
LIMITED PLACES SO BOOK NOW TO SECURE YOUR PLACE.
Contact: Celia Hogan
(022) 158 2113