Nature Educator 2 Day Training (NZ version of Forest Schools)
Sick of boring Professional Development?
Wish you could learn something cool like how to implement nature play in your outdoor teaching environment?
Then, this workshop is the perfect solution.
This is the original New Zealand version of Forest School Training, developed by New Zealander's for New Zealander's.
This 2 day workshop will give you the skills and the confidence to educate children through nature in on-site or excursion programmes in New Zealand (sometimes called Bush Kindy, Nature School or Forest School).
This training has been designed specifically for New Zealand ECE and primary teachers and covers everything you need to get started including:
- What is nature education in a New Zealand Context
- Day to Day Planning
- Risk Management and Health and Safety
- Group Management
- Role of the Teacher and Tamariki
- Curriculum linking (Te Whariki and NZ Curriculum)
- Tikanga and te ao Māori
- Practical skills including Fire, Knives, Knots and Hut Building/Shelters, nature crafts.
Location: Ōtautahi (Christchurch)
Time and Dates: 9am–4pm Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 September 2021 (Sunday finishing up between 3.30-4pm)
FIND OUT MORE HERE:
Contact: Celia Hogan
(022) 158 2113