Strengthening Teacher Aide Practice
Teacher aides are a vital part of the learning community. This online programme will provide the necessary guidance and support that will set you up for success.
Digital technologies, innovative learning environments and learner-centric approaches in education are just some of the factors impacting teacher aide practice in Aotearoa. Combined with this, the introduction of the new teacher aide work matrix highlights the importance of the need for purposefully designed professional development, specific to this challenging and varied role.
Across the programme, participants will explore ‘the why’, informed by current research. There will also be opportunities to collaboratively investigate ‘the what’, using practical ideas. You will connect with teacher aides from across Aotearoa, harnessing unique strengths to make an impact on student learning.
By the end of this online programme, you will be able to:
- Implement practical ways of better reflecting the bicultural heritage of Aotearoa and give mana to Tiriti o Waitangi
- Examine strength-based approaches and how these impact your practice
- Identify personal strengths to grow positive partnerships
- Use digital tools in purposeful, authentic and creative ways
- Adapt learning experiences to meet the strengths and needs of the learner.
Find out more. Registrations are open now.
New Zealand (nationwide)
Live Online Course: Assisting Behaviour Change in Children Masterclass
Assisting Behaviour Change in Children Masterclass