Enhanced Induction and Mentoring Programme 2021
The Enhanced Induction and Mentoring Programme is a free programme available for newly qualified teachers who completed their initial teacher education programme in New Zealand in 2020.
You can enrol into this programme if:
- You are a registered teacher employed in a long-term teaching role in New Zealand in 2021
- You completed your teacher education in 2020
- Your initial teacher education programme used the 25% temporary reduction in practical experience.
Your university-based mentor will:
- Visit you at work for two half-days teaching observations
- Have two meetings with you and your work-based mentor focusing on supporting your professional growth, goals and reflections.
This free programme is available throughout New Zealand. You can be enrolled in this programme even if you are enrolled in a Kohia PCT programme or University of Otago PCT professional development.