ASK (Autism Spectrum Knowledge) Professional Development - Managing Anxiety
ASK (Autism Spectrum Knowledge) is a series of professional development workshops facilitated by knowledgeable and experienced facilitators from Children's Autism Foundation who work with ASD children on a daily basis.
Module 3. Managing Anxiety
The Annex Room, Point Chevalier Community Centre
Wednesday 20t October 2021, 7–9pm
- Defining autism and anxiety
- What creates anxiety in children on the Autism Spectrum?
- Practical tips, tools & strategies for managing anxiety in the learning environment.
This Autism training is ideal for:
- Teachers – ECE, Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- SENCOs, RTLBs, Learning Support Coordinators
- Teacher Aides/Teaching Assistants
- Social Workers in Schools
- School counsellors
If you are a professional who engages with children or young people with ASD then these workshops are for you!
The full training programme is made up of 5 two hour modules once a month Aug-Dec 2021 at Pt Chev Community Centre. Should we find ourselves in a COVID lockdown, the affected module will be delivered via Zoom.
Attend one workshop or attend the full series of 5 modules to gain our ASK Professional Training certificate.
Cost: $50 +GST per module (non-refundable registration fee)
Register for our 5 Module Package Deal ($225 + GST) before 30 June 21 or register for each module individually.
Attention: Teacher Aides/Learning Assistants - this training can be provided at no cost to your school via the MoE Pilot Fund for TA Training. Please contact us for details on how to apply.
Contact: Jo Sutton
(021) 792 855