Free Sorted in Schools half-day PLD workshops
Standards-based assessment and moderation workshop
Assessment is just one tool to measure students’ level of understanding in making money decisions. However, unpacking unit standards performance criteria can feel daunting compared to achievement standard criteria. Join Jill for this invaluable workshop to explore the principles underpinning good assessment for financial capability learning. It will help you assign grades that are accurate, consistent, meaningful – and most of all, it will help your students succeed. Spaces are limited, so be quick.
Aims of this workshop
- Increase confidence in making assessment judgements for financial capability unit standard assessment materials.
- Engage in professional discussions around interpreting the standards.
- Identify learning materials that support student outcomes.
What you will do
- Work through model answers to better understand the marking criteria for selected Sorted in Schools financial capability unit standards.
- Discuss common pitfalls when understanding the grade boundaries.
- Gain a better understanding of the requirements for teaching selected unit standards in the Sorted in Schools programme.
- Network with other schools who are teaching financial capability.
Who should attend
- Anyone new to assessing financial capability standards or anyone who wants to refresh their knowledge and skills in teaching financial capability.
Bay of Plenty