Supporting Social and Moral Competence
Social and moral competence enables children to interact with others in a variety of ways and contexts.
Maintaining positive relationships with peers and adults is critical for future success. It is through positive relationships that children learn best.
This workshop will include a range of practical and flexible strategies including:
- Understanding expectations around the six areas of respect,
- The importance of giving clear and achievable instructions,
- Establishing consistent routines,
- Developing care and empathy for others,
- Building resilience,
- Knowing the 3 things that undermine compliance and
- How to achieve ‘the power of once’.
Implementing these strategies will create a calm, peaceful, harmonious, and relaxed environment which will enable children the space to continue to
grow in their social and moral competence.
For more information please go to www.forwardpd.co.nz
Contact: Linda Ward
(027) 431 9035