Tapas y Pinchos sin esfuerzo (Effortless Tapas and Pinchos)
Create a tapas dish and learn about culture through food. Develop creativity by writing about the cooking experience and the recipe used.
Features: Learn the importance of food in every culture and how, in Spanish-speaking countries, social and work events revolve around food.
Advantages: Hands-on experience in cooking easy recipes in the classroom will help the students master a social and specific language. At the same time, this kind of activity will contribute to sharpening cooperation skills and sharing in the classroom.
Benefits: Teachers will be able to use what they learn in their classrooms and create an engaging learning environment by making tapas and pinchos, as well as other activities relating to food.
Dates, times, and venues:
- Wellington: Thursday, 4 March, 4.30–6.30pm, Wellington High School (249 Taranaki Street, Mt Cook, Wellington, 6011.
- Dunedin: Thursday, 25 March, 4.30–6.30pm, Otago Girls High School (41 Tennyson Street, Dunedin 9016).
- Rotorua: Thursday, 8 April, 4.30–6.30pm, Western Heights High School (70 Old Quarry Road, Western Heights, Rotorua 3015).
- Napier: May/June, 4.30–6.30pm, venue TBA.
- New Plymouth: May/June, 4.30–6.30pm, venue TBA. (Register now and we will find a specific date and venue to suit).
- Kerikeri/Whangarei: TBA. (Register now and we will find a specific date and venue to suit).
Audience: Spanish primary and secondary teachers. Other teachers with some Spanish knowledge are welcome.
Equipment: Please bring an apron, cutting knife, and an 'apetito'!
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Esther Hall
(021) 507 213