Child Protection Training for Youth Workers - Webinar
Grow your child protection knowledge and skills with this webinar delivered by our nationally recognised experts.
As a Youth Worker, this seminar will give you the skills to protect children and young people!
With this introduction to the essentials of safeguarding and child protection, you will gain confidence understanding the impact of abuse and neglect, knowing what you can do to help prevent it happening and what to do when you are worried about a child or young person. This knowledge is essential for everyone who works with our tamariki and rangitahi. You will also learn how to protect your workplace’s reputational risk profile. Our courses have been attended by thousands of people around Aotearoa New Zealand.
What will I learn?
- How prevalent child abuse and neglect is in New Zealand
- How to recognise and confidently respond to signs of abuse and neglect
- How to handle disclosures of abuse and neglect
- The vital role that Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy play in keeping children safe
- Understanding and navigating the challenges which may impede helping a child
- Relevant legislation and guidance established to protect children.
Who is this course for?
- Youth workers wanting to improve their knowledge and skills in recognising and responding to child abuse and neglect.
Cost: $50 per person
Delivery: in virtual
Duration: 2.5 hours includes a 10 min break and 20 min Q&A
Certificate of participation sent via email at the completion of the webinar.
Registration: Book online
For more information about Safeguarding Children and other courses we offer: www.safeguardingchildren.org.nz/training/upcoming-events
New Zealand (nationwide)
Contact: Ronda Kelling
(027) 772 4469