Education Law-Hawkes Bay Workshop
This seminar is designed for principals, deputy principals and deans who encounter difficult legal issues and wish to avoid making costly mistakes.
School managers are working in a more litigious environment with increased compliance and penalties. It is vital that they positively embrace as part of their role, legal literacy and risk management.
This one day course is intended to cover legal topics in a school context that school leaders ought to be aware of. Bring along any 'burning legal issues' for discussion.
The day is intended to be interactive rather than lecture style. As a practising principal with a legal background Patrick offers an opportunity to discuss the realities for educational leaders in their school context.
NB: Numbers are limited to 25, so book early to secure your place.
- Physical restraint
- Freedom of expression (hair, jewelry, uniform)
- Surrender and retention
- Jurisdiction of students outside of school hours/grounds, including cyber-bullying
- Students with special needs and health and safety requirements
- Stand downs and suspensions.
- Avoiding fish-hooks in the competency/serious misconduct process
- Reporting obligations to the NZ Teaching Council
- Stress claims
- Misuse of social media by staff
- Police vetting non-teaching staff
- The impact of private lives of teachers on professional life.
Contact: Ruth Dalgarno
(09) 835 0912