Leading Social Studies Education (including new Aotearoa New Zealand History Curriculum)
This two-day course is designed to support both primary and secondary middle leaders in developing, implementing and evaluating their social sciences learning programmes.
Workshops will include:
- Preparing for the compulsory Aotearoa histories curriculum
- Designing learning for and about climate justice in junior social studies (including primary and intermediate schools)
- Leading a diverse Social Science Department
- Ensuring social studies achievement objectives are being met in integrated curriculum designs
- Social Inquiry for Social Action – with older learners & younger learners
- Ensuring a culturally competent Social Science curriculum
- Supporting teachers to feel confident teaching controversial issues.
Date: 27–28 April, 2021.
Venue: Tiakiwai Conference Centre, National Library, Wellington.
Please note: Primary teachers who are not eligible for the PPTA professional learning subsidy are entitled to the ASSEN professional learning subsidy up to the value of $250 (see link in flyer).
(04) 477 6148