Leadership in Literacy Kōrero
Join Cognition Education for a Leadership in Literacy Kōrero at Kenakena School.
Oral Language supports social-emotional development, cognitive development and is a defining contributor in academic achievement. As leaders, we must work to build assessable, explicit and effective ways to integrate Oral Language into our schools context in meaningful ways for teachers and learners.
This is why we would like to invite principals, DPs and APs to join us for Leadership in Literacy Kōrero, hosted by Del Costello and Josephine Carpenter.
In this free 1.5 hour workshop, we will:
- Unpack the key research around Oral Language development and its impact within a school setting, and how leadership teams can champion this.
- Explore the pedagogy of Oral Language.
- Get an insight into what effective Oral Language practice looks like for Kenakena School and hear from them about the journey and its impact on learner agency and writing progression.
- Share tools to put into practice for your own school.
- Make connections between the importance of Literacy and Oral Language to the PLD National Priorities, Assessment for Learning and Local Curriculum Design.
This workshop will be held on 16 February, 3.30–5pm at Kenakena School.
Spots are limited so secure yours NOW!
(09) 638 4760