Growing Great Leaders™ Level 2
This course is open to any group of two or more leaders from within a school who have a team member that has completed level 1 Growing Great Leaders™ and/or are in the position of leading or participating in a Community of Schools, and are:
- committed to carrying out a cycle of inquiry, learning and action (Timperley, Kaser & Halbert 2014)
- prepared to focus closely on a defined school-based problem area that needs to improve throughout the year
- prepared to collect data and share progress on that problem as part of the course.
This course offers research-based professional development with direct relevance to participants' own leadership and school / community development. GGL™ Level 2 uses real-life problems from schools or networks of schools, and guides participants through the process of improvement while developing competence and skills in particular aspects of the improvement puzzle.
Five modules are taught over three days:
- Spiral of Enquiry, Learning and Action
- Professional Learning and Development
- Ensuring Quality Teaching
- Annual Planning
- Leading School Improvement