Your Sustainable School - Climate Action and Waste Reduction Workshop
Are you a teacher or educator who is keen to help your school and your students embrace a culture dedicated to climate action? Does the idea of sustainable behaviour patterns for life appeal to you? Or maybe you’d like to be the person who transformed the way your kura/school or kōhanga/early childhood centre thought about and dealt with waste? Whatever your motivation, our 1-day Your Sustainable School Train the Trainer workshop is the workshop for you.
What you will take away from this free 1-day workshop:
- Knowledge and skills to roll out a sustainability focussed, climate action, waste reduction plan specific to your school or centre, including:
- tools needed to get staff and students excited and engaged
- everything they need to know, ask and say when liaising with waste management providers
- what to look for when measuring and reporting on progress.
- Strong connections with other like-minded people in your community.
How your school or centre benefit:
- Better recycling systems and lower rates of contamination.
- New or improved methods to deal with food scraps.
- Empowered students and teachers driving a culture of climate action at school, at home, and in the community.
Thanks to funding from the Ministry for the Environment, Sustainability Trust is delivering this programme free of charge.
This workshop is limited to 25 people. This is the only workshop scheduled for Porirua in 2021.
Contact: Kim Tabrum
(04) 385 0500 ext 715