Internal Evaluation for Quality Improvements
Presented by Lauren Ryan.
This is a practical, professional development opportunity focusing on ERO’s approach to internal evaluation. Aimed at all who work with young children in Early Childhood Education (ECE), this workshop will take you through some practical examples and the Childspace framework for internal evaluation for strategic, regular or emergent purposes. You will be supported to begin designing an evaluation on a policy, programme, or an area of practice, suited to your centre’s needs. There will be time to discuss some of the challenges of internal evaluation and tips and tricks for successful internal evaluations and evaluative team cultures. Through this you will gain a greater understanding of the purposes, process and practice of internal evaluation. You will leave this workshop feeling confident to support your team towards ensuring internal evaluation leads to continuous quality improvements that support positive learning outcomes for all ākonga/learners.
To support our learning in this workshop, attendees should bring with them:
- A copy of ‘Effective Internal Evaluation for Improvement’ - ERO booklet
- An example of a recent review/evaluation or an idea of an evaluation you would like to undertake
- Create clear, realistic goals and objectives for your centre
- Explore ways to create a shared vision within your teaching team and your community
- Discuss the purpose of internal evaluation
- Explore differences between strategic, regular, and emergent internal evaluation
- Spend some time exploring the key components of ERO’s approach to internal evaluation
- Gain a good understanding of a pathway/framework for conducting internal evaluation
- Share successful examples of internal evaluation
- Be supported to begin your own internal evaluation for your centre.
Suitable for centre leaders and aspiring leaders in ECE.
This course runs from 9am to 3pm .
Cost: $195 per person (includes morning tea & a light lunch).
Location: Highbrook Conference Suites, Ground Floor, Quest Building, 60 Highbrook Drive, East Tamaki 2013.