Para Sport Pop Up in Dunedin
Paralympics New Zealand invites you and your students to be part of a new and innovative initiative! The Para Sport Pop Up is travelling around New Zealand in the lead up to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games, telling the story of New Zealand’s 50-year Paralympic history, increasing awareness of Para sport and positively influencing community perceptions of disabled people.
Come and enjoy different ‘have a go’ Para sport activities including:
- Vertical jump test challenge
- Handcycle challenge
- Give wheelchair basketball a go
- Play a goccia game
- Get a photo with Someity, Tokyo 2020 mascot
- Blind football virtual reality experience
- Learn more about Para sport
- Meet with Paralympians, Para athletes or local Para sport organisations
- Leave messages of support for the New Zealand Paralympic Team in Tokyo.
Event: Para Sport Pop Up – Dunedin
Date/time: Friday 12 February 2021, 10am–4pm.
Location: Otago Museum Reserve, 419 Great King Street North, Dunedin 9016.
Contact us to book your slot with your students. We would recommend groups of approximately 20 to ensure your students can enjoy the full experience. So you may want to bring various groups throughout the day!
It is a great opportunity to learn about the Paralympic Games, disability, inclusion, diversity and Para sport in New Zealand.