Dreaming Big: Strategic Planning
Presented by Lauren Ryan.
Take some time out from your everyday running of your centre to sit back and dream big about the possibilities. What is your vision for your ECE setting for three, five, ten years’ time? How can you find out what your communities’ vision and values are? This workshop will provide you with some guidance on how to develop a strategic plan and some tools for turning this vision into reality. There will be time for you to share and gain some new ideas for your current strategic planning, if you wish to take advantage of this opportunity please bring along your current strategic plan.
Suitable for centre leaders, and aspiring leaders in ECE.
- Explore the idea of dreaming big and then narrowing down your vision into a clear strategic plan.
- Explore the purpose of mission, vision, and value statements.
- Brainstorm ways to collaborate with your community about strategic planning.
- Create clear, realistic goals and objectives for your centre.
- Explore ways to monitor, evaluate and keep the plan on track.
- Explore an example of a strategic plan and have an opportunity to enrich your current strategic plan.
This course runs from 6.30–8.30pm.
Cost: $80 per person.
Location: Childspace Institute, 45 Helston Road, Johnsonville, Wellington 6037.