Leading with Heart & Soul
Presented by Toni Christie.
This workshop will share a values-based approach to leadership. With nearly 30 years of leadership experience in early childhood education, Toni will share her wit, wisdom, and lessons learned from leading teams. Participants will discuss and explore the following core values for leadership in education: Courage, vision, service, empathy, loyalty, honesty, grace, creativity, joy, gratitude, empowerment and respect. Included with the course is a comprehensive resource.
- Examine their own values as related to leadership
- Be familiarised with the leadership responsibilities for management and administration in ECE services
- Explore conflict, including what it is, and how it can be resolved respectfully
- Practice giving and receiving feedback
- Discuss positive communication models and strategies
- Receive and discuss models for improvement including an example strategic plan
- Be inspired to delegate appropriately and set clear boundaries for kaiako
- Discuss intentional language, engaged feedback, and professionalism
- Develop ideas for team building and team contracts
- Understand the importance of self-care and self-love
- Receive their choice of leadership book or management manual with the course.
This is an ideal workshop to inspire and affirm new, established and aspiring leaders in early childhood education.
This event runs from 9am to 3pm.
Cost: $195 per person (includes morning tea and a light lunch).
Location: One Burgess Hill, 1A Burgess Hill Road, Burgess Park, New Plymouth 4371.
Introduction to Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) – SPELD NZ
SPELD NZ Introduction to Specific Learning Disabilities, including dyslexia.
Are you struggling to support a child or adult with dyslexia?
Are you a teacher/teacher aide who wants to reach more children in your classroom?
Are you aware of children who are disruptive, withdrawn, bright but not achieving?
Are you a Learning Support Coordinator taking on a new role?
Are you working with a child who is not progressing as you would expect?
SPELD NZ’S two day introductory course is for you!
Training subsidies may be available in your area towards teachers attending.
or phone (0800) 773 536